Sunday, February 24, 2013

Over the Rainbow

As I'm sure you've noticed by now, street style in Chiang Mai isn't just about locals. Tourism in the city is thriving and while individual tourists come and go, the ever present stream of visitors in areas like Nimmanhaemin and the old city plays a huge role in defining Chiang Mai street style.

Luckily for us, these foreign fashionistas usually are happy to pause for a photo and speak excellent English. Except sometimes they don't. Which means Julia and I need to work on honing our communicating-with-gestures skillz.

This colorful bunch did not seem to get my pantomiming (like seriously, how could they NOT get that my pointing at the girl's shoes and pretending to type means fashion blog??) and seemed highly skeptical when I pulled out the camera.


But then all of a sudden they decided that it was hilarious and could not. stop. laughing.
There was one more guy in the group who had neon mint pants that I really wanted to photograph, but he mysteriously disappeared when I pulled out the camera. Which is totally fair. But THEN he reappeared once I was finished so that he could take a bunch of pictures of me. I mean, I guess that's fair too.

No comments:

Post a Comment